Salisbury University BookstoreStudent Textbook Rental Agreement
By clicking the "I Agree" button below, I agree to the following terms and conditions. I certify that I have read and understand the terms of this agreement.
1. I am at least 18 years of age.
2. I am entering into this Textbook Rental Agreement ("Agreement") with the SU Bookstore of my own free will. I understand that all books rented from the SU Bookstore are the property of the SU Bookstore. I will return all books rented to the SU Bookstore on or by the "Rental Return Due Date."
3. I agree that all identifying stickers, labels, etc on rental items must remain intact and must not be removed, altered, or obliterated.
4. FAILURE TO RETURN: If I fail to return the rented textbooks by the Rental Return Due date, or return them in an unusable condition, I authorize the SU Bookstore to charge the following "Non-return Fees," to my credit or debit card listed below: (1) Replacement fee as outlined on my receipt, plus (2) a Late Fee of $25.00. The replacement fee is based on the retail price of the book at the time of rental. The SU Bookstore is not responsible for reminding me of the "Rental Return Due Date."
5. CONDITIONS UPON RETURN: Highlighting and writing in rented textbooks is permitted and acceptable. However, rented textbooks must be returned in complete and salable condition. This means the spine on the book is intact, there is no damage to the book, such as torn front or back cover, torn pages or water damage and all component parts of the book must be present at the time of return. I am responsible for any loss or theft of the rented textbooks.
6. CARD AS SECURITY: I will not cancel or exceed the purchasing limits of the credit or debit card provided until the rented textbooks are either returned to the SU Bookstore or the Non-return Fees are paid. If the situation should arise that we cannot charge the appropriate charges to the credit card, we will seek collection by placing a hold on your student records until the charges are paid.
7. REFUND: The SU Bookstore's standard refund policies apply.
8. TAX: The normal State of Maryland Sales tax of 6% applies to all rented textbooks.